Mass timber is a category of framing styles often using large panelized solid wood construction including CLT, NLT or glulam panels for floor and wall framing.
Cross-laminated timber (CLT), nail laminated timber (NLT) and glue laminated timber (glulam) are mass timber products that:
- are cost-competitive, carbon efficient, sustainable and reliable
- complement existing light frame and heavy timber options
- are suitable candidates for some construction applications that currently use concrete, masonry and steel
- stem from the results of scientific information and data generated from full scale fire, seismic, durability, acoustic and vibration tests being conducted internationally by researchers and engineers
- make taller mass timber, wood-concrete and wood-steel-hybrid buildings a reality
Mass timber construction also includes innovative forms of sculptural buildings and non-building structures formed from solid wood panel or framing systems of six feet or more in width or depth.
Mass Timber Manufacturers in the USA: