Associations, companies, and research institutions develop and implement program objectives in coordination with key delivery agents and provide a variety of wood information and resources—our industry partners include:
WoodWorks-Wood Products Council (WoodWorks) provides free project assistance as well as education and resources related to the code-compliant design, engineering and construction of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings.
The American Wood Council (AWC) staff experts develop state-of-the-art engineering data, technology, and standards for wood products to assure their safe and efficient design, as well as provide information on wood design, green building, and environmental regulations.
The Northeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association (NELMA) is the rules-writing agency for Eastern White Pine lumber and the grading authority for Eastern Spruce, Balsam Fir, Spruce-Pine-Fir (SPFs) grouping, and other commercially important eastern softwood lumber species.
The Southern Forest Products Association advances the Southern Pine lumber industry and promotes the use of member products in domestic and international markets while facilitating the exchange of information and ideas.
The Western Red Cedar Lumber Association is known as “the voice of the cedar industry” and operates customer service programs throughout Canada and the United States to support its members’ cedar products with information, education and quality standards.
Western Wood Products Association represents lumber manufacturers in the 12 western states and Alaska. They provide services to Western mills in three areas: Quality Assurance, Technical Services and Market Services.
Research and Resource Organizations
- British Columbia Wood Products - naturally:wood
- California Redwood – California Redwood Association
- Environmental Performance of Wood-Based Building Products - Consortium for Research on Renewable Industrial Materials (CORRIM)
- Forestry and Environmental Education and Information - Dovetail Partners Inc.
- Life Cycle Assessment in Construction - Athena Sustainable Materials Institute
- Post Frame Construction - National Frame Building Association
- Wood Building Systems and Design - Codes & Technical Support - Canadian Wood Council
- Wood Research – FPInnovations Canada
- Wood Research - U.S. Department of Agriculture – Forest Products Laboratory